Who Are We?
The Menifee Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) is a network of dedicated community volunteers that have been FEMA trained to respond in the event of natural disaster or other type emergency.
What Are Our Goals?
The Menifee CERT goals are listed below.
- To prepare and provide the security and protection of ourselves and our family during a local disaster.
- To be the first on scene to assist our immediate neighbors and our community in response to a disaster.
- To assess and help begin to stabilize the situation until emergency services arrive.
- To connect and assist neighboring Community CERT Teams as applicable.
- To train fellow citizens through classes and outreach in the community.
What Do We Do?
In addition to educating the public on emergency preparedness we are trained to setup and operate within the FEMA command structure. Just a few of the Activities we may be called upon to perform include:
- Emergency Medical and Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Mass Casualty Triage
- Basic Structural Damage Assessment
- Fire Suppression
- Light Search & Rescue
- Traffic Management
- Shelter Operation and Support
- Assist in Door to Door Evacuations
Where and When are the CERT Meetings?
The Menifee CERT Meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at City Hall Council Chambers.
Location: 29844 Haun Road Menifee, CA 92586
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
When are the Cert Trainings?
The Menifee CERT Trainings will be posted on our website once established.
Who Can I Contact?
For more information on how to sign-up, please contact:
Vanessa Barrera, Emergency Management Analyst