Enterprise Systems Catalog
Approved on October 11, 2015, adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems (City of Menifee: SB-272 Enterprise Software Catalog) by February 2, 2021, with annual updates.
A software application or computer system that collections, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring, and other physical control systems
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas or water or sewer functions
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by Section 6254.19
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges, or analyzes
- To make the catalog publicly available upon request
- To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency's website
- Create a catalog of enterprise systems, containing:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- System’s purpose
- A description of categories or types of data
- The department that is the prime custodian of the data
- The frequency that system data is collected
- The frequency that system data is updated