COUNCILMEMBER Bob Karwin
- Email Councilmember Karwin
- Phone: (951) 672-6777
- Fax: (951) 679-2567
- Elected to Office: November 2020
- Term Expires: December 2024
- Serves on the following Boards and Committees:
- Southern California Association of Governments
- Western Riverside Regional Conservation Authority (WRCRCA) (Alternate)
- Riverside County Habitat Conservation Agency (RCHCA) (Alternate)
- Riverside Transit Agency (RTA) (Alternate)
- Menifee Chamber of Commerce (Alternate)
- Southwest Communities Financing Authority (Animal Friends of the Valley) (Alternate)
LEARN MORE ABOUT COUNCILMEMBER KARWIN
- Personal Background: Councilmember Bob Karwin and his wife, Janissa, moved to Menifee from Escondido nineteen years ago. Since then, they have raised two incredible children who have lived their whole lives in Menifee and thrived in the public schools here. By day, Bob is an attorney. In 2006, after working as a trial attorney in Los Angeles for almost ten years, he opened his own office in Menifee and has had the opportunity to represent hundreds of Menifee residents who have had their lives changed by an injury suffered in an auto collision, dog bite, or a dangerous condition on property. Bob ran for City Council because he loves this city and wanted to be a part of its continued success. He is a committed fiscal conservative and vows to make sure the city’s resources are used only for the best interest of its citizens. He is also a big supporter of local law enforcement. He feels It is essential to keep officers fully funded and properly equipped so they can do their job to keep our communities safe. Bob grew up around Boston, Massachusetts and earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Boston College. Yes, he knew Doug Flutie. In 2002, he moved from Boston to San Diego where he later earned a law degree from the University of San Diego.
Along with his professional and political activities, he is an avid guitar player and songwriter. He is also in the process of improving his skills as an off-road Jeep driver.
- Community Involvement: Working locally has given him the time to serve as a volunteer to the youth in Menifee. Many know him as the “Voice of the Wildcats,” P.A. announcer for Paloma football and girls’ volleyball. He has also coached both boys and girls basketball, baseball/softball, and soccer. Aside from sports, he has volunteered as coach and mentor for the Paloma Valley High School Mock Trial Team. From 2015 until his election to City Council in 2020, he served on Menifee's Planning Commission, with three consecutive years as Chairman. District 1 is a unique community that includes one of America’s first 55+ developments. Bob's wife’s parents have lived in “the Core” for over ten years and have always kept him in touch with the people and issues of the original Sun City. He feels it is an honor to serve this historic neighborhood.