Accela Citizen Access and solar APP+ Portal
The Accela Citizen Access (ACA) portal, which will provide residents, contractors, developers, and visitors access to some permitting services online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is now fully operational! Capabilities of this portal include the following:
- Searching for building permits
- Scheduling inspections
- Submitting and paying for building applications for the following permit types:
- Commercial Re-Roofs
- Residential Re-Roofs
- Residential HVAC Systems
- Residential Water Heaters
- Residential Solar Systems (Via SolarAPP+)
SolarAPP+ Automated Solar Plan Reviews
Before applying for an automated solar plan review and solar permit, projects must follow certain requirements outlined in the Eligibility Checklist. Only projects that conform to this list are eligible to use the automated SolarAPP+ portal for instant permitting. Panel upgrades and panel de-rates require a separate application, permit and fees. Only Electrical C-10 licensed contractors may obtain panel upgrade permits.
- What is SolarAPP+?
- What projects qualify to be submitted in SolarAPP+?
- How do I submit a project through SolarAPP+?
- How do I make changes to approved SolarAPP+ plans?
- Submit for automated review through SolarAPP+
- To start using SolarAPP+, register and submit your design to through the SolarAPP+ Webpage.
- A processing fee will be charged by SolarAPP+. Download the approved plans.
- Apply for Solar Permit
- Create an account and log in to Accela Citizen Access.
- Select "Building Permits", then "Apply for Permit". Select "Solar Residential"
- Include the SoalrAPP+ ID as the project name. Follow the guide to process an instant solar permit.
- Schedule a solar inspection via Accela Citizen Access. To access the video tutorial for requesting an inspection through ACA, please click the link below in the Information/How to Guide.