Accela Citizen Access Portal
The Accela Citizen Access (ACA) portal, provides residents, contractors, developers, and visitors access to some permitting services online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is now fully operational. Capabilities of this portal include the following:
- Searching for building permits
- Scheduling inspections, view inspection results
- Submitting and paying for building applications for the following permit types:
- Commercial Re-Roofs
- Residential Re-Roofs
- Residential HVAC Systems
- Residential Water Heaters
- Residential Solar Systems, ESS and SolarAPP+ automated permits
and Accela citizen solar permit for automated plan review.
Before applying for an automated solar plan review and solar permit, projects must follow certain requirements outlined in the Eligibility Checklist. Only projects that conform to this list are eligible to use the automated SolarAPP+ portal for instant permitting.
Panel upgrades require a separate application, permit and fees. Only Electrical C-10 licensed contractors may obtain panel upgrade permits. Submit to Email.
- What is SolarAPP+?
- What projects qualify to be submitted in SolarAPP+?
- How do I submit a project through SolarAPP+?
- How do I make changes to approved SolarAPP+ plans?
1.Submit for automated review through SolarAPP+
- To start using SolarAPP+, register and submit through the SolarAPP+ Webpage.
- A processing fee will be charged by SolarAPP+ for plan review. A checklist will be generated when approved. See inspection checklist and specifications sample.
2. Apply for Solar Permit
- Create an account and log in to Accela Citizen Access.
- Select "Building Permits", then "Apply for Permit". Select "Solar Residential"
- Include the SoalrAPP+ ID as the project name. Follow the guide to process an instant solar permit.
- Upload the Solarapp+ inspection checklist and specifications to ACA permit.
- Solar inspections shall be scheduled through Accela Citizen Access.
- Two inspections per solar company can be accommodated per day.
- Field solar representative shall verify the inspection checklist and signed the document confirming completion prior to inspection.
- See how to schedule an inspection
- Permit, SolarApp+ approved inspection checklist and specifications must be printed for inspection.
- A reinspection will be applied if work is not ready or if revisions are not completed via SolarApp+.
- To cancel inspection the day of email, or call Building Department (951) 672-6777.
- Revision can be processed on the field prior to the inspection. The revised SolarAPP+ approved documents are required to be uploaded to the permit on Accela Citizen Access.