- City Services
- City Departments
- Community Development
- General Plan
- Land Use Element
- LU-4 Airport Influence Areas
LU-4 Airport Influence Areas
Airport Influence Areas
As adopted by the Riverside County ALUC, the Riverside County Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan (ALUCP) establishes policies applicable to land use compatibility planning in the vicinity of airports throughout Riverside County. Portions of the City of Menifee are in the airport influence areas of the March Air Reserve Base and the Perris Valley Airport governed by the Riverside County Airport Land Use Commission. The basic function of airport land use compatibility plans is to promote compatibility between airports and the land uses that surround them. The ALUCP also establishes procedural requirements for compatibility review of development proposals. The basic function of airport land use compatibility plans is to promote compatibility between airports and the land uses that surround them. Compatibility plans serve as a tool for airport land use commissions in reviewing proposed development plans for airports and surrounding land uses. Additionally, compatibility plans establish criteria for local agencies to use when preparing or amending land use plans and ordinances and for landowners (including special district and other local government entities as well as private parties) to use when designing new development projects. State law requires each local agency having jurisdiction over land uses within an ALUC’s planning area to modify its general plan and any affected specific plans to be consistent with the compatibility plan, or to overrule the ALUC by a two-thirds vote of its governing body after making findings that the agency’s plans are consistent with the intent of State airport land use planning statutes. Exhibit LU-5a-c identifies the March Air Reserve and Perris Valley Airport Land Use Compatibility Zones, as adopted by the Airport Land Use Commission.
- LU-4: Ensure development is consistent with the Riverside County Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan.
- LU-4.1: Ensure that land use decisions within the March Air Reserve Base and Perris Valley Airport areas of influence are consistent with applicable Airport Land Use Compatibility Plans. Comply with State law regarding projects subject to review by the Riverside County Airport Land Use Commission.
- LU-4.2: Ensure that development proposals within the March Air Reserve Base and Perris Valley Airport areas of influence fully comply with the permit procedures specified in Federal and State law, with the referral requirements of the Airport Land Use Commission (ALUC), and with the conditions of approval imposed or recommended by the Federal Aviation Administration and ALUC, such as land use compatibility criteria, including density, intensity, and coverage standards. This requirement is in addition to all other City development review requirements.
Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan Exhibit
For detailed information related to land use, please refer to the following reference materials.
- General Plan Vision 2035
- Land Use Background Document and Definitions
- Menifee Community Profile
- General Plan Environmental Impact Report
- Menifee Zoning Ordinance (Municipal Code)