EJ-3 Environmental justice
- EJ-3: Encourage Community Health Best Practices, Diversity in Housing, & Strong Public Engagement.
- EJ-3.1: Establish relationships and collaborate with local health officials, planners, nonprofit organizations, hospitals, local health clinics, and community groups to monitor trends of City’s health and wellness and improve community health.
- EJ-3.2: Encourage safe, high quality, and affordable childcare services for residents and workers in or near housing, transportation, and employment centers.
- EJ-3.3: Encourage partnerships with regional and national organizations to promote programs to reduce dependence on substances harmful to health, including drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- EJ-3.4: Establish the community’s trust by holding open meetings available to any community member to attend and participate. The City will proactively and meaningfully engage residents in planning decisions that impact their housing and neighborhoods through these public meetings.
- EJ-3.5: Promote education, training, and information for seniors, caregivers, and emergency responders regarding special needs of older adults. These include, but are not limited to, fall prevention, dementia, nutrition, transportation, social isolation, and social support.
- EJ-3.6: Continue to collaborate with the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), California Air Resources Board (CARB), utility providers, Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG), Western Riverside Council of Governments (WRCOG) and nonprofit organizations, neighborhoods groups, and other community organizations to improve air quality, food availability, renewable energy systems, sustainable land use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs).
- EJ-3.7: Promote a diverse range of housing types as defined in this General Plan, and opportunity’s to provide a range of price points. Support development project that will improve access to public amenities including parks and open space and other walkable resources like shopping and transit services.
For detailed information related to land use, please refer to the following reference materials.