- City Manager
City Manager's Message
On behalf of the Menifee City Council and City staff, I’d like to welcome you to our website.
Menifee incorporated in 2008 and is a vibrant, growing city of more than 100,000 residents situated in the heart of Southwest Riverside County. Within its nearly 50 square miles, Menifee’s business, retail, and entertainment outlets shape the community’s character, and this growing economic base is contributing favorably to the City’s strong financial position. Menifee’s growing family-oriented population values the City’s ongoing commitment to public safety, community events, and smart growth for the future. All of these elements are working together to support the City’s strategic vision to make Menifee a safe, thriving, and premier place to be.
As a quickly growing city, it is essential that we retain our community-orientated feel. In Menifee, we are proud to provide services and resources that enhance the quality of life for our families and businesses.
It is my belief that the city’s greatest attribute is its capacity for growth. While we are currently home to 100,000 residents, Menifee has more than 2,000 acres of land ready for retail and commercial development and have committed to investing nearly $500 million in infrastructure and traffic improvement projects over the next five years. While praised for its business-friendly nature, Menifee is also known for attracting young families clamoring for shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities within their city. Our thriving community, dedicated businesses, and vibrant parks and recreation system are all examples of what make Menifee such a desirable place to be. To help strengthen disclosure, reporting, and transparency of City operations, the City Manager’s Annual Performance Report for 2022 is now available for public review.
As City Manager, I encourage you to explore the many great features Menifee has to offer and if you have questions or concerns while doing so, please reach out. I am here to serve, and I am here for you.
Armando G. Villa
Menifee City Manager
About the City Manager's Office
The City of Menifee uses a Council-Manager form of local government. The City Council creates the policy for the city, while the City Manager, who is appointed by the City Council, acts as the executive director of the city.
- Serves as an advisor to the City Council on policy matter impacting Menifee's community and the city organization
- Enacts policies and procedures to efficiently and effectively carry out the City Council's directives
- Supports the information and policy-making needs of the City Council and implements City Council decisions
- Appoints the city department directors
- Ensures that city services are performed to the highest standard in accordance with City Council goals and policies
- Prepares, manages, and implements the annual budgets for the city as well as the City Capital Improvement Program (CIP), in support of City Council goals.
|Menifee: A safe, thriving, and premier place to be!|