Policies & Plans
The following information explains the City of Menifee Community Services Department policies:
- Park Development- Design standards, Quimby Mitigation, Development Impact Fees, and Capital Improvement Plan
- City Parks Master Plan- This is a comprehensive park planning effort that will provide a modern vision for the parks and recreation system throughout the city. The plan will provide guidance for future enhancements and the development of new parks, recreational facilities, and programs - and has officially been adopted by City Council on July 19, 2023.
- Detachment: Valley-Wide Recreation & Park District- Valley-Wide Recreation & Park District (Valley-Wide) oversees 22 parks within Menifee city limits and had been providing parks and landscape maintenance services east of Interstate 215 within Menifee prior to the City of Menifee’s incorporation. Both the City and Valley-Wide are public agencies who received special tax district revenues from residents’ property tax assessments to maintain and operate their respective facilities. Since its incorporation, the City of Menifee has placed a high value on local control, including overseeing the operation of Menifee public parks. As such, the City has sought to make all public parks in Menifee City-run. The City embarked on this process to provide improved services at lower costs, with local oversight.
- Charter School Policy- City of Menifee currently accepts certificates for programming from charter schools, participants are required to submit Enrichment Certificates or PO’s (5) business days prior to the first class meeting.
- Class Credit & Refund Policy- There are no refunds for any class, program, activity, or excursion. The City of Menifee Community Services Department is happy to provide credits to your DaySmart account to utilize for a different activity. Participants may request an account credit when notice is given to the Community Services Department at least five (5) business days prior to the first scheduled class of the activity session. Transfers may be granted if notified prior to the first day of class. Account credits do not expire and can be applied toward any CSD class, program, activity, excursion and/or facility reservation. All credits are issued to the City of Menifee DaySmart account. The City of Menifee reserves the right to deny any request for refund or credit.
For questions regarding our policies, please contact us at (951)723-3880.
We enhance residents' quality of life by delivering quality programs, services, and facilities that create lasting positive memories for youth, adults and seniors throughout the community.