My parcel is too wet to cut, and my tractor gets stuck in the mud. What can I do?

Although it may be a preferred method by some property owners, the use of a tractor is not the only method available to abate a parcel.  Even when a tractor is used, it often cannot be used to abate the entire parcel (handwork is needed around the perimeter of the parcel in addition to the tractor work).  If a parcel is too wet for a tractor to operate, it is still the responsibility of the property owner to maintain the parcel; perhaps a tractor is not the most appropriate tool to use.  As an example, there are many parcels in the City that are too steep to allow the use of a tractor, but the property owners still have the responsibility to maintain their parcels, and most of them do maintain their parcels.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I am not the owner of the property listed on the Notice?
2. My parcel is too wet to cut, and my tractor gets stuck in the mud. What can I do?
3. I cut my weeds before the deadline and my property is clean, so why did I still receive a Notice?
4. I cleared my property earlier in the year, but it rained and grew back. Do I have to clean the property again?
5. I want to abate the weeds on my property, but who can I hire for this type of work?
6. When will my property be inspected?
7. I have always abated my property as I have done since before the City was incorporated. Why am I receiving Notices of Violation?
8. I never received a notice to clear the weeds on my property; can I still be fined and penalized?
9. There is debris and garbage on my property; and I didn't put it there – why am I responsible?
10. How much will it cost to have the City clear my property?
11. How do I cut vegetation on hillsides to prevent erosion?
12. Can I cut and burn abated vegetation?