- City Services
- City Departments
- City Clerk
- Election and Voter Information
2022 General Municipal Election
The City Clerk serves as the Elections Official and is responsible for issuing and accepting candidate Nomination Papers and City Measures.
This year the City of Menifee will hold a General Election on November 8, 2022 for the purpose of electing two City Council seats: District 2 and District 4. Each representative will serve for a full four-year term ending in 2026. Information regarding the 2022 Election will be listed below as it is updated. For specific election information, please contact Acting City Clerk Stephanie Roseen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (951) 672-6777.
Nomination Period: Was July 18-August 12, 2022. Between these dates candidates obtained nomination material and filed completed nomination documents with the City Clerk.
Notice of Insufficient Nominees (District 4): Click Here to view the notice. The City Council will consider the options outlined in the notice at a special City Council meeting held on August 24, 2022 at 4:00 PM.
Pursuant to Elections Code 10299, only one candidate qualified for District 4, the City Council held a special meeting on August 24, 2022 whereas Resolution 22-1199 was adopted. This resolution appoints Dean Deines to the District 4 City Council Office and cancels the election specific to District 4 for the City of Menifee.
County of Riverside Election Results
Click HERE to view Riverside County results
State of California Election Results
The City will provide the Official Election Results on or before December 9, 2022.
Ballot Drop Off and Voter Assistance Center Information
Each eligible registered voter for the November 8, 2022 General Election will receive a ballot by mail beginning Monday, October 10, 2022. Here is what you need to know about returning your ballot:
- Drop off your Vote-By-Mail ballot to Menifee City Hall Monday - Friday, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, or any of the County's secure Ballot Drop-Off locations beginning October 11th - November 7th during regular business hours and Election Day, November 8th, between 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
CLICK HERE FOR BALLOT DROP OFF LOCATIONS
- Mail your Vote-By-Mail ballot via USPS, no postage required. Recommended to mail early.
- Vote-by-mail ballots that are mailed must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by your county elections office no later than 7 days after Election Day.
- Vote in person at any Riverside County Voter Assistance Center
- 11-Day Vote Centers, Open October 29th to November 8th
- 4-Day Vote Centers, Open November 5th to November 8th
- Election Day: November 8th from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- The Registrar of Voters
- 24/7 Dropbox
CLICK HERE FOR VOTE CENTER LOCATIONS
Register to Vote: The last day to register or transfer registration for the November 8, 2022 election is October 24, 2022. If registered by this date, you will be mailed a vote-by-mail ballot. Voters can register to vote after October 24, 2022 as a "conditional" voter, and vote by a provisional ballot.
*If you have changed your name, political affiliation, or your address, you must re-register to vote.
General Election and Voter Information
- Menifee District Map
- Candidate's Campaign Finance Disclosure Statements
- Riverside County Registrar of Voters
- Secretary of State
- Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
|Calendar of Events|
|Filing Period for Nomination Papers and Candidate's Statements||July 18 through August 12|
|Extended Filing Period If Incumbent Fails to File||August 17|
|Review Period for Candidate's Statements||August 13 through August 22, OR|
August 18 through August 27 (if filing period extended)
|Filing Period for Write-In Candidates - District 2 only||September 12 to October 25|
|Deadline to File Campaign Finance Statements - 1st Pre-Election||September 29|
|Vote-By-Ballots Mailed to Registered Voters||October 10|
|Last Day to Register to Vote||October 24|
|Deadline to File Campaign Finance Statement - 2nd Pre-Election||October 27|
|ELECTION DAY||NOVEMBER 8, 2022|
The Following Candidates have Qualified for the November 8, 2022 Ballot.
- Ricky Estrada, Military Airman/Educator - To view the candidate's statement Click Here
- Altie Holcomb, Legislative District Representative - To view the candidate's statement Click Here
- Ben Diederich, Planning Commissioner/Businessman - To view the candidate's statement Click Here
- Angela "Angel" Nevin, Small Business Owner - No candidate statement submitted
- Dean Deines - Click Here to view Resolution No. 22-1199, appointing Incumbent Dean Deines to the District 4 City Council seat. Councilmember Deines was the only candidate to submit nomination paperwork and qualify as a candidate for District 4. The election for the City of Menifee, District 4, has been canceled and Dean Deines has been appointed.
Historical Election Information
- 2022General Municipal Election Results
- 2020 General Municipal Election Results
- 2018 General Municipal Election Results
- 2016 General Municipal Election Results
- 2015 Special Municipal Election Results
- 2014 General Municipal Election Results
- 2012 General Municipal Election Results
- 2011 Special Municipal Election Results
- 2010 General Municipal Election Results
- 2008 Incorporation Election Results